What is remote monitored CCTV?
The CCTV system is linked to the an associate NSI Gold Remote Video Monitoring Centre by standard / PSTN / IP / ADSL telephone lines. Irrespective of the distance involved the monitoring centre can watch over the remote site at a fraction of the cost of traditional security measures such as manned guards.
Experienced operators trained to the highest standards use the latest monitoring technology to assess images and incident information to determine the course of action to be taken. Where necessary the emergency services would be notified of any intrusions.
why have your CCTV REMOTELY MONITORED BY A VIDEO MONITORING CENTRE?
We are able to achieve national coverage with police response when appropriate. CCTV on its own can be a useful deterrent to crime. CCTV combined with a professionally delivered NSI Gold remote monitoring service, however, takes the effectiveness of CCTV to a new level as well as reducing costs.
How does it work?
When a detection device is linked to the CCTV system a reactive automatic call is triggered (by any number of detection devices), pictures are automatically transmitted using a telephone line and received at the monitoring station. At this point an operator reviews the images, assesses what is happening and determines what action to take. This may involve alerting a nearby mobile patrol or the police or simply warning off the intruders by an audio real-time warning. The result – the intruders leave or are caught on the site.
Typical remote watch CCTV Applications
Remote Watch can be used in a wide range of situations:
- Storage Centres with Perimeter Fencing
- Large Sites with Gatehouses
- Vehicle Storage Compounds
- Goods Yards
- Unmanned high-risk sites e.g. Utilities
- Road Hauliers
- Building Sites
Reactive real time video images available to the monitoring center following detection of any movement from site.
- Access to the video images is available via any Broadband ADSL facility which has a static IP Address.
- Connectivity is available using Mobile Applications for management purposes
- Full remote monitoring of Plant, Machinery, with additional feature to control gates, doors, lighting etc. is available to these type of systems
- Real time audio communication & broadcast real time audio messages to the protected site.
- Pre & post activation analysis of video images & archived images from the onsite DVR / Hard Drive.
Where CCTV is required to be remotely monitored to protect assets we normally suggest that the all site protection systems including Intruder Alarms, Fire Detection Alarm Systems & Access Control should be monitored by the same professional NSI Gold Approved monitoring centre.
This is to ensure comprehensive live information is available to the operators monitoring the premises, to enable exacting procedures to be carried out in the event of incidents at the protected premises.