The Grade 2 Listed Building was originally opened in 1926 & called the Bath Assembly Hall & was typical of the1920s Art Deco Style. The Vision to reopen the building came in 2006. Following a period of renovation & design by Laurence Llewelyn Bowen, to recreate its Art Deco origins as it was originally intended.
The Venue is now a brand new music venue with a capacity of 1000 standing or 500 sitting.
Issues to resolve:
- Grade 2 Listed Building.
- Tight time scales achieving the main programme target
- Consultation with Health & Safety advisors & local Fire Officers
- Compliance with DDA.
- Compliant & achieve police requirements for gaining an entertainment licence
- Sensitivity to the Architectural & Art Deco Style.
Adept Security Systems Ltd were recommended to the client due to their expertise & professional accreditations to provide for:
- Intruder Alarm System providing guaranteed police response
- Automatic Fire Detection System with a Full BAFE Certification
- Access Control PAC on line system to restricted areas
- Static & Functional CCTV & hard drive archive recording & control system, providing security & safety with management control & incident investigation
- DDA / Disabled Refuge system
The £155K project was successfully completed in line with the main contract programme in September 2008 and to budget.